- About Linktel & Lingvist
- Linktel & Lingvist is operated jointly by Linktel and Lingvist Technologies OÜ ("Lingvist"), and Lingvist is in charge of the administration and operating system services. During the process of your registration as a Linktel & Lingvist user and your subsequent use of Linktel & Lingvist service, both Linktel and Lingvist will collect, process, and use your personal data.
- Scope of applicability
- The purposes and categories of personal data collection
- For the purposes of marketing, providing advertisements (including advertising content provided by Linktel or third parties), consumer and customer management and service, operating telecommunication businesses and telecommunication value-added network businesses, providing network communication and information services, education services, regulatory supervision of telecommunications and communications, providing network shopping and other e-commerce services, fulfilling legal or contractual obligations, protecting the rights and interests of the parties and interested parties, consumer protection, providing after-sales services, and operating businesses in conformance with the lines of business specified in the business registration or articles of incorporation, Linktel, in accordance with the nature of each of those services, may possibly collect your name, contact information (including, but not limited to, telephone number, email address, and postal address), the name of the entity you work for, your occupational title, information necessary for completing collection or payment transactions (financial institution account number, credit card number), IP address, communications record, and other personal data which may be used to directly or indirectly identify the identity of the user.
In addition, to improve service quality, Linktel, in accordance with the nature of the services it provides, will record the user's IP address and the data of the activities engaged in by the user in using Linktel services (e.g. the hardware and software used by the user, the web pages clicked by the user, the language used by the user, and the language the user is learning). But such data will be used only to analyze the network traffic and to study network behavior so that the service quality of Linktel websites can be improved, and the data will be used only in aggregate analysis and will not be linked to any specific individuals.
- The Use of Personal Data
- The personal data collected by Linktel that is sufficient to identify a user is provided only for processing and use by Linktel internally in accordance with the purposes of its collection. Linktel will not provide information sufficient to identify a user to any third party (either onshore or offshore), or use the data for any purpose other than the purposes for which it is collected, unless it gives prior explanation, or as necessary for the purpose of completing provision of services or fulfilling contractual obligations, or as necessary for the completion or execution of relevant services or functions for which you have already registered for use, or in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, or as ordered or requested by a competent authority so empowered.
You understand and agree that in order to continuously provide you with the use of Linktel & Lingvist services, Linktel will provide the personal data collected from you to Lingvist and its partners for collection, processing and use.
Linktel will continue to retain, process, and use relevant information during the effective term of the Agreement and the period for which the information is required to be retained as provided by laws or regulations.
- Data security
- Linktel will maintain the security of personal data by employing reasonable technology and procedures consistent with industry standards.
- Rights of the party whose data is collected
- Users may log in to the Linktel & Lingvist websites to query and review their own personal data.
The party whose data is collected may request to query and review their own personal data or may request that the party be given a copy, provided that Linktel may collect necessary fees and costs at its discretion. If your personal data has changed, or you discover your personal data is incorrect, you may ask Linktel to revise or correct it at any time. When there no longer exists a purpose for collecting the data, or the prescribed period has expired, you may request that the data be deleted or that processing and use of the data cease, provided that this does not apply when the data is necessary to Linktel’s execution of its duties or business.
If you wish to delete any user data that has been registered with Linktel & Lingvist, you may contact Linktel by sending an email to the customer service mailbox, or alternatively, you may contact the customer service personnel of Linktel & Lingvist directly using the problem reporting form provided on the website. After receiving your request for deletion of personal data, Linktel will confirm with you by email and inform you of its receipt of your message, and within the following 15 working days, Linktel will delete the related data to the greatest extent possible (with the exception of data for which retention is required by a law or regulation, and data in connection with improper or illegal use). IMPORTANT: Linktel & Lingvist may possibly be unable to completely remove your user account because of residual data left on the Internet after individual uses, and in such case, the account deletion procedure may possibly fail. In addition, to the extent permitted by laws and regulations, Linktel & Lingvist reserves the right not to accept a request for account deletion.
- Effects of provision or non-provision of personal data and consent
- If you are unwilling to provide to Linktel, Lingvist, and its cooperating partners the required personal data that will enable the smooth provision of Linktel & Lingvist related services or allow a given transaction to be successfully completed or carried through to conclusion, and to consent to the collection, processing, use, and international transmission of such personal data by Linktel, Lingvist, and its cooperating partners in accordance with laws and regulations, related terms of service, related privacy policies, and related disclosures, Linktel & Lingvist will respect your decision, but depending on the nature or requirements of any given services, you may, as a result, be unable to use the services or to complete related transactions. Linktel & Lingvist also reserve the right to refuse to provide any such services or to complete any such transactions.